How to recover your Hotmail Password
Outlook.com (formerly known as Hotmail), is a free service provided by Microsoft, that lets you send and receive email. You can use this service from anywhere in the world, as long as you have an internet connection, and the username and password are known. However, if you forget your account password, there is no way for you to get back in unless you recover it somehow.
Following are the steps which you should take if you forget your email password:
- Step 1. First, make sure you have an active broadband or Wi-Fi internet connection.
- Step 2. Open your web browser and type www.outlook.com.
- Step 3. When the page opens, on the right-hand side, you will see a button labeled ‘Sign In.’ Click on it. You will be navigated to the login page.
- Step 4. Enter your email account username, such as firstname.lastname@example.org. Click ‘Next.’
- Step 5. Underneath the box to type your password, there will be written ‘Forgot my password.’ Click on the link.
- Step 6. A new page will open up, asking you ‘Why can’t you sign in?’ There will be three options. Check the box next to the first option; ‘I forgot my password.’ Click ‘Next.’
- Step 7. A new box will open up with the title ‘Recover your account.’ You will have to do a captcha. This is a test to see you are a human and not a machine. You will have to enter the distorted characters (letters and numbers) you see on the screen. Pay attention to capitalization.
- Step 8. If you find it difficult to decipher the characters, click on ‘Audio.’ A list of words will be played, which you will have to type. Click Next.
- Step 9. A box will open up with the title; ‘We need to verify your identity.’ Check the box next to your email address, to receive your code and click next.
- Step 10. If you do not have your alternate email address, check ‘I don’t have any of these.’ Click Next.
- Step 11. A box will open up with the title; ‘We need to verify your identity.’ And a question “how would you like to receive your code?’ Underneath it will be the alternate email address, you provided when you created your email account. Part of the email address will be shown as asterisks ‘*’. Check the box next to it.
- Step 12. A message will come up saying ‘To verify that this is your email address, complete the hidden part and click "Send code." Enter your complete alternate email address and click ‘Send Code.’
- Step 13. A code will be sent to your email address. Open your alternate email address in a new tab, and open the email from ‘Microsoft Account Team.’
- Step 14. Copy the 7-digit code, and open the previous tab. Paste the code where it says ‘Enter your code.’ Click Next.
- Step 15. The new window will say ‘Reset Your Password.’ Enter your new password twice. Remember to write in down and put it in a safe place in case you forget it again! Click Next.
- Step 16. A new window will open up saying ‘Your account has been recovered.’ Success! Your password has now been changed. You can now open your email using your new password!
We hope this article helps you to recover your password