How To Delete Contacts From iPhone
Do you have an iPhone, there is a good chance that you do. iPhones are one of the most popular cellular devices in the industry. What happens though when you need to make a change to your contacts? It isn’t as obvious as it could be. This article will help you to delete contacts from your iPhone.
Delete Individual iPhone Contacts
There is one quick and easy way to get rid of a specific contact.
- Go to your contacts app and scroll to the contact you are looking to get rid of.
- Open that contact. In the top right above their name and picture is an edit button, click this.
- Once you scroll to the bottom of the contact you will find a delete button.
- Use this delete button to get rid of that specific contact.
Delete All iCloud iPhone Contacts
Go to your settings section and look for your Apple ID. Click this and it will bring up a list of information associated with your Apple ID such as iCloud, iTunes, and the App Store. Find iCloud and open in. You will be greeted with a list of items that are synced to your phone such as photos, mail, and contacts.
To delete contacts from iCloud, simply slide Contacts to the left so that it is white and NOT green. A prompt will appear to delete all of the contacts that were part of iCloud.
Deleting Email Contacts From iPhone
Open the settings app on your iPhone to start the process. The process to delete contacts from your email accounts is very similar to that of deleting iCloud accounts.
- Scroll down until you see the Contacts tab.
- Click accounts to see contacts associated with various accounts that you have signed in on your device.
- Click the email account that you want to delete contacts from and navigate down to contacts and move the green slider to the left. It will become white, indicating that contacts will no longer be synced.
All of your email contacts will no longer appear on your phone.