How to turn off voice control on iPhone
The voice control option on iPhone is very useful but the common complaint that people often have is the accidental voice dialing when the phone is in their pocket. There are some individuals who call this feature annoying.
You can use Siri for voice control and in order to access voice control, all you have to do is press and hold the voice button (make sure Siri is turned off) and remember that if you are using Siri you cannot use voice control.
Voice control will allow you to play your favorite music or call and Facetime by speaking into the built-in microphone of your voice control. However, if you are irritated by this feature here are a few ways you can use to switch off voice control.
Method 1 to turn off Voice Control
It is the simple method to turn off the voice control. The first thing you have to ensure that you have a passcode on your voice control. If not you have to do it. Now follow the given steps.
- There is the settings application on the home screen of your iPhone.
- Tap the app and go to touch ID and Passcode.
- You have to tap so the option of passcode will be on
- The passcode will keep your data protected and you will need it is open, update and format the data on your device.
- Once the passcode is set you can to go back in the settings option.
- Select the option of general and from there tap on accessibility
- Here you will see the option of voice control, simply turn it off
Keep in mind that it will only turn off the voice dialing because voice control for music is always on.
Method 2 to turn of Voice Control on Iphone
You can use Siri to turn off voice control and here is how you can do it:
- You have to go in settings app and then select the option of general
- Tap on the option of Siri and then toggle Siri on
- Once you have enabled Siri the voice control will automatically turn off
You have to consider the fact that accidental phone calls will be made by Siri as well. Now you will need the passcode to avoid this situation. Once you will enable the passcode you can only use Siri after entering the passcode. It will not only prevent you from making accidental calls but also not one will be able to misuse your phone for their personal calls.
If you need assistance you can reach iphone support, keep in mind the iPhone technology is advancing and they are trying to ensure that you can use the phone without your hands. The voice control feature has been specially developed for the disabled person who cannot see their phones. So it is important that you keep the feature if you like it otherwise Apple provides you the authority to control your phone and do whatever you want. The voice control will make your life easier as you can easily dial while driving.