Australia Tourist Refund Scheme
Tourist Refund Scheme procedure
With the help of Tourist Refund Scheme, you can get 10% cash back on the products that you purchased when you are flying out of Australia. When you are on a business trip in Australia you can get a full GST return on different items that you bought including wine, shoes, jewelry, smartphones, laptops and much more.
The facility of Tourist Refund Scheme is available for the residents of Australia and temporary visitors. You can claim the refund at any airport or seaport. To avoid delays at customers and maximize your returns here is the guide that you need to follow.
The policy will allows you to claim a refund of the goods and services tax for the products that you bought in Australia and would like to take home. Depending on the items that you purchased you can take them in your luggage or your carry-on, all rules about how to claim a refunds are published by Department of Immigration and Border protection and you can visit their website to review them
In order to claim the Tourist Refund Scheme you have to follow the given rules:
- You have to spend $300 or more including the GST on a single platform. You are allowed to combine all the invoices from the same retailer
- The goods that you bought must be available in your baggage or carry-on so they can be checked
- The original tax invoice of the good must be available. If there is a tax invoice that exceeds the amount of $1000 must have your address on it
- You should have paid for all the items yourself.
Procedure to claim a refund
The process for Tourist Refund Scheme is different for the airports and the seaports.
Get a refund at airport
The claims are only applicable if you reach the facility 30 minutes before your departure flight. The refund office should be your first stop as there might be a queue.
- Lock for the TRS facility in the airport
- Show all your goods with the passport, tax invoices and the boarding pass at the counter of the office
- You will receive the refund at the bank account or your credit card. You can also request for a cheque.
Claim refund at seaport
In order to claim the refund, you have to reach the office at least 3 to 4 hours before the departure time of your ship. Before the departure, for the oversea, you can claim the refunds at the last port of Australia. The facilities are available in
- Hobart terminals
If you want to save your time, the TRS application is available for the smart devices. Install it in your phone, provide all the required details, and select the refund method that you would like. The entire information is stored in the QR code. All you have to do is present the code with the items that you have purchased and the supporting documentation at the facility and you will get your refund. You should get the money back that you deserve.